I have always liked to play left hand bass, piano, and a "color" sound (organ, brass, guitar, scat etc} with a EV5 pedal..and drums.

The Roland arrangers have always been easy to use this way..Now with the E80..I can set up text (lyrics) to songs that I will play as above....A pedal will change pages..

This is my proposed project: setting up a text library of maybe 50 tunes...link them to named user programs, with the "auto" stuff off..just drums..sure the "auto" stuff will still be there if I want it..

My thoughts are to fill in some dates at "local" restaurants..light background or at least low keyed..performing..

The E80 on board sound system should be enough..but I have the Podiums 802's too ..if I need them..

The E80 MP3 option will be great for breaks..

This method of playing will always be best if you have a guest "singer"..( "SHE" has to look good)...If they are lost , I can cover up for them...Novice and sequences ..sometimes creates problems...more than it is worth "watching " them..

I love the flexibility the E80 gives me..in just about any venue....

It shouldn't take long to set up the E80..text and user programs..50 or so..Maybe I will get to it next week...

So what do you folks think? Anyone agree with me , about the enjoyment of turning off the "auto"..and sequencer...once in a while..