James,

I was also knocked out by the OASYS when I played it in the music store. Clean as a whistle with absolutely authentic sounding simulations of all the orchestral sounds.

Here's the thing. I called Korg the next day to inquire about it and they told me the M3 is a "scaled-down" version of the OASYS, with the same (or a similar) sound engine.

I did play the M3 months later and was VERY impressed with that also, but nothing like the OASYS.

What's your opinion on the two units. I could see me buying an M3 as a supplemental keyboard to an arranger.

Lucky

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I have one, so if there is anything specific you need to know just shout.

It is now discontinued, but far from unsupported. If you go to KORG Forums you can talk with the developers who actually built the OASYS. They hang out and help whenever they can.

The OASYS is magnificent but not just for what features it has, but for how well it sounds. It has a clarity that far exceeds everything else and this is something non-OASYS users just don't get.

I had to get one myself and live with it for a short time until the penny dropped. When sequencing you get super wide mixes that have a clarity that's hard to describe.

Everything just sounds fresh and clearly defined. The mix never sounds cluttered or tracks lost.

I've sold every keyboard I own except for the M3 at this point because of owning the OASYS. It just made everything else pointless for me as the sound is so good.

My M3 will be going up for sale in about 6 weeks too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 08-03-2009).]