An OASYS with a full arranger section ? lol... man that would be sweet.

I certainly expect to see Arranger keyboards going that way in the future, but I also think KORG learned that just because they “can” build it doesn't mean they should. The OASYS is the perfect example of that. It contains something like 10 years development and far exceeds anything they have ever made before. But the 8K price tag prevented it from ever being a major success.

So I think KORG will always push technology but they will do so more carefully now after the OASYS and the final ideal price tag will define just how much technology goes into the product.

If you really want to dream, if KORG simply turn around an implement a version of KARMA on their next Arranger keyboard you can pretty much kiss goodbye to the competition there and then. To understand why I'm saying that people need to understand what KARMA is. To give a tiny example, one could load a simple 8 Beat Style and then move a Karma slider 1 millimetre to turn the style into something completely new.

Basically KARMA can give you almost unlimited combinations of new notes based on the pattern you loaded. So it's sort of like a never ending supply of styles. You can even tell KARMA never to repeat a pattern and it will keep on generating new note under under restrictions that make it feel more like a real player than a pattern.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 08-03-2009).]