Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I can't remember for sure, 124 (got a name? I hate numbers!), but I think what I did was use Auto-Tune on the vocal, but just blended it back very slightly with the original unprocessed vocal at the front, just to try thickening it a bit. Although it's a live recording, we used an ADAT at the gig to get separate tracks on everything. However, I did it I think back in mid '05, so I can't be completely sure what I did.

I agree it came out a bit strange, but I've never been one to shy away from a bit of experimentation, audio-wise! I am afraid I'm a bit like John Lennon... I never REALLY like the sound of my voice at all, and am always trying to think of something I can do to make it less 'me'...

BTW, your vocal on your tune sounded very authentic Cajun... you sure you're not from Louisiana?

Who Dat?, Who Dat?, Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Actually, i liked the vocal sound. Kind of took me back to psychedelia and The Small Faces' Itchycoo Park. Now that dates me . You bring up "thickening". Is that the way the effect is achieved within a vocal processor? By mixing an unprocessed track with a phased or chorused track? Cool stuff.