Well, well, what do we have here?

I'd like to mention a few things that might have a negative impact on the overall sales of the S70XS/76. First, it's only $100 more for the S90XS/88 so why not just spring for the 88??, and secondly, with just 6 1/2 lbs separating the two - again, why not just spring for the S90XS/88 instead?? I'm sure Yamaha has brilliant answers to my questions but I doubt they would open up and share them with us though. As if they really need to right? I think the 88 key will far surpass the 76 key in overall sales in my opinion, even though the 76 key has that coveted "weighted" action keybed and has a slightly smaller footprint. We'll see...

OTOH, if Yamaha were to produce a 76 key high-end Arranger as the successor to the Tyros3 I will be the first in line to get one as I've said many times before. I don't think Yamaha would include a fully "weighted" action keybed on it though because it would detract from playing the other "numerous" voices on it, besides just the piano voice(s), and for which a fully weighted keybed is only intended for anyway i.e. Piano voices only.

If Yamaha happens to pull off such a feat i.e. by introducing yet another 76 key high-end Arranger after the infamous PSR9000PRO debacle, and if they keep the price around 4 Grand when it is introduced in a couple years or so - then mark my words, Yamaha will most assuredly have an immediate HIT on their hands that will top even their wildest expectations in my humble opinion. There is definitely a HUGE market for a truly superb and "extraordinarily superior" 76 key high-end Arranger, as we know. If Yamaha actually succeeds in bringing such a BEAST to the marketplace, people will gobble them up in my opinion. And like I said, I'll be the first one in line to start gobbling. >> IF.. they meet the 'other' criteria on my wish list too of course. In other words, no 76 key mediocrity please! Although I wouldn't expect Yamaha to stoop so low as to bring simply a 'mediocre' 76 key high-end Arranger to market EVER! I really do expect only the best from them if they ever did happen to bring one to market. Again.. we'll see.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-12-2009).]