Went to the local Bose store a lunch break I found the Compact L1 very impressive to say the least. Hammer I can really understand when you talk the weight factor. That baby is light as are the columns. I picked the column up expecting the weight of the L1 classic. WRONG. It was more like the weight of a box of feathers.

While there I mentioned the Bose video Donny posted to the rep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV7dCG0-Imw&feature=channel_page

After we watched it he said we have at other illusions in the store to demo our products. With that he took me to a another computer workstation setup and cranked up the companion 5 speakers for computers. While doing that he pointed to a couple of dummy speakers, then flipped a light switch in the dummies to reveal they were just dummy speakers. The real ones were below and very small.

He then demoed one of the Life Style home theater systems. In front of tiny wall mounted speakers were a couple of dummy cabs that stood 4 feet high by 6 inches wide. After he had me listen to the sound he pulled the dummy cabs away to reveal the small speakers. True example of selling the sizzle not the steak, nevertheless it was a nice way to spend my lunch hour.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 05-27-2009).]