Quote:
"My advice is to stay away from USB as much as possible!"

Hmm... I'm not sure why you say that. If you have an older computer e.g. one with Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, then I can understand your concern. If you use Windows XP, Vista, or the soon to be released Windows 7, then USB in my opinion is and will be the way to go, and indeed, the wave of the future in my humble opinion. When USB 3.0 is released next year it will put Firewire out of existence and make it obsolete. All other forms of external file transfer protocols will pale by comparison. Apple is even currently phasing out Firewire on some of their newer models because they've seen what USB 3.0 is capable of and they want to be ready to get on board "full steam ahead" once it's released and consequently are relegating some models to USB ports exclusively. USB 3.0 will be able to read and write data at the same time, unlike Firewire. It will also be backward compatible to USB 2.0 and 1.1 both physically AND functionally. USB 3.0 will also carry more "power" through it so it will be able to handle more than "4" devices from a single hub and will also allow you charge up heftier hardware as well.

The future is USB if you ask me. >> So long Firewire, nice to have known you eSATA, see 'ya later Firewire 800.. And HELLO!!! USB 3.0! In about a year or so's time though of course...

All the best,
Mike