Bernie, check with the members here for the best software to link the lyrics sheets (if they are in your G70, you already had to make a .txt file of them all) with the MP3's.

I don't actually use MP3's myself, but that is only because I never gig qithout my G70, anyway. But if I DID... I would definitely go the MP3 route. You know, of course, that laptop HD's are getting MUCH bigger, these days? If the thought of going MP3 gives you fits, you could always use full CD 16/44 WAV files as long as you have enough room...

Me, for live, I can't tell the difference...

But I would be amazed to hear of a soundfont or cheap GM card that had even a fraction of the G70's dynamics and liveness, especially in the drums (and piano!). Mind you, have you Makeup Tooled your SMF's so they actually USE the V-Kits yet?

If you are playing them unedited on the G70, they are probably still using the legacy Standard, Power etc., kits from the old Sound Canvas days, and a sound card wavetable might NOT be as poor a comparison...

Every time I hear an old SMF unedited on my G70 I think 'whoops! who swapped my G70 for a G1000?!'. I have edited every single SMF I use to the V-Kits. Without those, probably 90% of the realism of the drumkits disappears.