Interesting how Ketron.it can get those new Audya demos on their Ketron Italy web site to sound fantastic yet in person the Audya seems to fall short. So apparently every guitar category i.e acoustic, electric, and distortion guitars are only so so??

I respect leezone's opinion of the guitars so I have to assume the guitars are indeed lackluster, which is a real letdown in my humble opinion. I kind of knew that the vocalizer would essentially suck because of the Musikmesse demos a few years ago by Robert Messier. I encouraged Ketron, way back when, to work on the vocalizer so it wouldn't sound like a "vocoder" and be so robotic, but obviously they didn't heed my advice eh?

What is also troubling is that Ketron apparently has yet to find a solution to make their sounds sound more realistic like Yamaha has done with their SA/2 voices and Korg's RX and DNC sounds. So it seems with the Audya (according to leezone) we will be getting 6 year old SD1 sounds with a few and far between "minor" improvement in only a few of the "newer" sounds?? That would be a HUGE disappointment if it indeed turns out to be true.

So again what we're apparently getting with the Audya is a $5,000 shabbily constructed (low quality build) keyboard, a so so Key bed action, lackluster sounds including synth, guitar, etc., a crummy VH, midi replacement of audio sounds when using complex chords, lack of RAM for the Sampler which hinders importing sufficient sound libraries into the keyboard itself. >> I thought this was the 21st Century??? Hey, is this a case of another "lost" decade like Japan had in the 90's? Only it is now happening to Italy this time around?? All I can say is I hope Ketron is current on their insurance policies and their company business affairs and lives are in order. Cuz I'm not too sure they're going to be around much longer if the Audya debacle turns sour and they don't (read: CAN'T) sell them in mass to at least recoup the Audya's R&D, let alone turn a profit on it. With the dire world economy downturn sucking the life out of companies left and right it would not be unfathomable, in my opinion, to see a company like Ketron folding shop too, especially if their new pride and joy becomes a notorious boondoggle to them in the process. I truly hope that doesn't happen and that the Audya does indeed succeed. Time will tell.. but things certainly look troublesome regarding the Audya. At least from what leezone and "others" have reported thus far.

All the best,
Mike