Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Some of my audio software refused to work properly and in a few cases it wouldn't work at all on Vista. That's ok when you have stuff that is still being updated, but some of the apps I like best are no longer in production ( Sonicbytes Phrazor for example ).

Instead, three months or so ago, I bought a Sager laptop with xp home edition on it.

These are rather stripped down machines designed mainly for game players and audio buffs, and I have to say it works better ( for my needs.. mainly computer audio and softsynth apps ) than any computer I've owned, desktop or laptop. The price wasn't exhorbitant either.. I customized mine with 4 gb of ram, a better processor, and a faster hard drive.. and spent around $1100.00 usD. You can spend a lot more on these machines, but mainly the higher priced ones have larger screens and more powerful graphics cards and tools.

AJ

Sager makes a great notebook. I bought a Dell 8600 at the time i was looking at the Sagers which then were around $2000 for the P4! I did not want a desktop chip in a notebook considering the fan I needed on my Desktop P4 LOL

I wish I could have remembered Sager when I bought the Dell 1705 Im using now. Prices have dropped. But I bought three Dell notebooks and all from the outlet refurb section.

I figured they had been gone through twice. Once in Malaysia where they are assembled, then again in Texas when they are returned and resold. DOUBLE the checkup!! So far my theory has worked out well and saved a few dollars.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA