I quit smoking a pipe about 5 years ago, after about 30 years. Recently, the dentist removed some suspicious tissue with a lazer from the roof of my mouth.

I had a 2nd, much more extensive proceedure today, which involved using a lazer to remove tissue from an area about the size of a silver dollar, for safety sake.

Hurts like hell, today, and probably for the next week or so-will really appreciate those pain killers. But it's my fault for being so careless. A long-time music partner of mine never smoked, but had 1/2 his tongue removed in a 25 hour operation, has a 25% chance of 5 year survival and is living off a feeding tube, all because of smoke from years of playing smoke filled bars (I was right there with him most of those years). He'll never be able to sing or even talk again. Being a singer was all that mattered to him, and he was the most successful pro in this area. He told me last week that he had just decided that he still wanted to live, but for a long time, he didn't want to.

Please, for your own sake and the sake of those you love, DON'T SMOKE!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 01-06-2009).]