I havn't posted lately on this forum. I suppose I've been licking my wounds and feeling very sorry for myself; and so alone.

You see, I am one of the unfortunates who buogut a PA2X PRO that subsequently had 19 blown LEDs. To complicate matters, I prchased it from an individual, and eventhough it was NEW IN THE BOX, Korg USA said they would not honor the warranty.

I didn't see anyone else posting about blown LEDs so I thought I was the only one. Then I saw the post from Midin (Dennis) on this forum. After checking out the links in his post I knew I wasn't alone. I had plenty of company eventhough they were mostly in Europe.

So I started with Korg USA again with the same results. "NO WARRANTY."

By this time total frustration had set in so on November 16, 2008 on another forum I wrote this:

Korg PA2X PRO
Purchased: 2/5/2008
S/N: 9000867

I bonght this board NEW IN THE BOX but I bought it from an individual.
KORG USA REFUSES TO HONOR THE WARRANTY.

Currently I have 15 or 20 blown LEDs.

NO MORE KORG!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Don P
Lufkin, Texas USA

At this time I received some very useful and timely help from Lee (leeboy). He provided me with contact info for the right people at Korg USA. He also made phone calls on my behalf.

When I finally reached the right person, in a less combative mode, I presented this arguement:

"If it proves to be a factory defect, I cannot understand how Korg USA, in good conscience, could repair, or recall, or replace some boards and not others. It would seem to me that it has to be an all or nothing situation. If a DEFECT exists, is a NEW board purchased from an individual any less defective than a NEW board purchased from an authorized dealer??"

Then on November 21, 2008

jerrythek wrote: (Korg USA product manager)

This has been brought to our attention and we will be helping you. Sorry for the confusion.

Jerry

Then I received a phone call from the customer service supervisor at KORG USA on November 25, 2008. She said she was sending me a return lable for UPS and a RMA number and when Korg USA received my PA2X PRO, they would send me a replacement.

My board arrived at Korg USA on Dec. 2, 2008, and the NEW PA2X PRO replacement arrived at my home today, Dec. 9, 2008.

Can you believe it?? After the ball got rolling it only took 1 week to receive my replacement. They also paid shipping both ways.

A BRAND NEW KORG PA2X PRO, with a 2 year warrantY!!! What a deal!!

I am overwhelmed!! WHAT FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT!!

Thanks to the GREAT team at KORG USA!!!

A special thanks to Lee for pointing me in the right direction.

Bottom Line, it all depends on who you talk to.

Don P
Lufkin, Texas