Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'd still like to hear a MB/sec figure on loading Akai (is that samples or whole multisamples?) and .wav files. For an arranger player, speed is the MOST important consideration, with the 'any song, any time' ethos we have. You can't load everything up in advance you need, because, if you are in a request type scenario, you don't KNOW what you'll need...

AJ?

And thanks for your comment. Some people just don't get it. Geeks don't buy arrangers. MUSICIANS buy arrangers.

Diki ... Most samplers or keyboards with samplers the term "load" is language typically used . However , with Ketron Load is not the same meaning.

Let me try to explain.

The only load time will be when the owner wants to create styles with audio loops. You will load the audio loop in to the sampler, you will than slice the sample to match tempo with whatever parts of the style you are creating via midi... Once the audio sync is correct , you will copy the sample to the master folder on the hard drive. Before you copy to hard drive, you will need to name the audio loops the same name as the style for it all to be recognized in real time during a performance.

Example.. Lets say you created & named Bolero , the audio sample name will be Bolero.1 & 2nd sample will be named bolero.2

Now you call up the Bolero style and the sample will instantly stream from the hard drive.. This is how the SD1 & SD1plus currently work and I am certain the Audya will be the same.

Hopefully , this will clear up your concern of how quickly you can access styles with audio samples.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 12-09-2008).]