Please be objective. I'm aware there are a number of great arrangers available. I don't gig or haul the "board" around. I simply need a new machine to help me write new material and prepare demos to pitch to artists looking for new material. I never perform.

What is important to me now? 1. Capability to play styles from just about any source or media. 2. Great sounding voices/instruments. 3. USB connectivity including inputs and outputs. 4. A decent sized hard drive and a floppy drive. (if still available) 5. A large visual display interface. (my eyes are going south fast) 6. Compact size due to space constraints. (This is not a show stopper) 7. Cost is very important to me. 8. Speakers are not an issue. I use headphones to monitor recording sessions and then transport thru a digital recorder to a PC for edits. (With newer PCs and software available, the digital recorder will probably "go away" 'cause I don't do tracks.) I simply "re-cut" the song until I am satisfied.

Please don't start another P***ing contest. I'm only looking for rational input.

Thanks, Dave