Hi Russ,

Here's what I can remember;

1st job: When I was 12 years old my best friend's uncle hired me to play a party. He had a nice Hammond organ and I mad $15.00. I thought I owned the whole world.

I really don't remember a first song.

Worst job: October 12, 1992 in Harrisburg PA. It was a bar mitzvah for the son of the local cantor. The wife made the job a living hell. She was on my back from the time I got there until the time I left. I never did another bar mitzvah after that. A few years later I learned that the cantor had been sent to prison for molesting little girls. I guess what goes around comes around.

Best job: I like to think I haven't worked it yet. I've had several. My first long term club job in Tallahassee Fl. was great. It was at the 12ht floor supper club of the round Holiday Inn and I was there 6 nights per week for 7 years. I built a huge following and every night was so much fun. For a single gig, the time I was flown down to Miami Beach to do a wedding at the Doral Hotel stands out. Another night was back at the Holiday Inn when Peter Nero came in and sat in with me. I was on B3 and he played piano. We had a ball. There have been many more but I don't want to bore you.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala