Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
This should inspire them to create stuff that competes, and even exceeds the best that Yamaha, Korg, etc. can do. But until then, everything revolves around the OOTB sounds, which are not as good as a great VSTi...

Diki,

I'd like to know which embedded arranger or workstation keyboard manufactured today has OOTB sounds that can compete with the best VST's available today? The Mediastation and Wersi are the only two systems I know of that have factory sound libraries that exceed a Gigabyte and utilize sounds with several layers of multisamples. Sure you can load either of these systems with VST's but the factory sounds are already quite good so that isn't necessary. The VST's are just icing on the cake.

I don't care how good the new SA2 voices are from Yamaha, how great Roland's SRX and ARX expansion cards are, or how many multi-samples they claim to use, the best these manufacturers have to offer simply can't compete with multi gigabyte sampled sounds being played back direct from disk. Until Korg, Roland, Ketron, or Yamaha produce a product that can stream direct from disk and allow you to load any compatible VST you want with enough horsepower to run them all, they will always be several steps behind Lionstracs and Wersi.