I think the moral of the story here is only use stable versioned software from the manufacturers website and NOT beta software peeled somewhere from the dark corners of the web or from a friend of a friend of a friend of a notorious enemy.

Dennis is not the enemy of course. But beta software usually IS. That's why they call it "pre"release software, which is essentially "flawed" in nature and used "specifically" for testing purposes so as to eventually "eliminate" those 'buggy' flaws in the software. Those of you trying to get 1.8 to work with your Harmony-M are essentially software testing guinea pigs. If you don't mind the connotation of being considered a guinea pig then I applaud your fortitude in putting so much on the line in the name of science and technology, and for helping to assist TC-Helicon in helping them to eventually resolve those aforementioned "bugs" in their obviously flawed version 1.8 Harmony-M software.

And you can all thank Dennis for that honorary privilege..

Class, recite after me: "I will NEVER use beta software scoured off the dark corners of the internet (or from company employees who try to reassure you with the words "just give it a try".. ) - EVER again! Class dismissed...

All the best,
Mike