Style remix isn't quite the same issue with loops. As long as you are not editing the loop. swapping them around will be fine...

But with MIDI styles, you can take a picking pattern from one style, add it to another with a different swing factor, and adjust the picking to match (or the drum to match the picking).... Loops, probably not

Look, I'm not criticizing for the sake of it... I've worked with loops in software for years. Finding JUST the right one, especially if you want matching fills, etc., is not easy or cheap. And editing a loop so that it matches something else is VERY tricky. Certainly a LOT more work than most here seem willing to try (they do little MIDI editing, which is hundreds of times easier!).

You see, this all seems great UNTIL you learn about just how much work is needed to progress past the ROM styles. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the majority of arranger start to get bored because they grow tired of the ROM styles. This is where translated styles comes in. BUT... if the live loop styles are THAT much better in sound, you want them ALL this good. And there goes your expansion possibilities, other than what Ketron offer.

So, they either work for you or they don't. And few realize the mountain they are going to have to climb to get their own loops in. Take this one more step, and start to acknowledge the pitched loops that the Audya will employ (guitar playing, etc.), and you just increased your complexity of creating your own content, or editing existing content, by a factor of 100 or more!

So I VERY much see the Ketron system as ideal for those who will NEVER crack a manual, edit a style, create a style, and are 100% content with what it comes with. Once you factor in the expense of producing melodic loops (you need dozens upon dozens of them more than a simple drum loop), the sheer price of making them (and the few that will buy) will probably make an ever expanding library of them very unlikely.

I'm sorry, but loops all SEEM like a great idea, until you start to examine the restrictions they will place on you... If all you want is a great sounding preset choice, cool, go for it (I'll be checking the Audya out myself, if the opportunity arises), but if you are like me, and like tweaking your styles until they do what YOU want (rather than how they come), knowing about the limitations rather than simply buying into the hype will keep your eyes open wide...