Even if I think that all this talk about the Audya (and what it can and cannot do) is rather futile and it would be better to wait till it's out and then dissect its pros and cons, I agree that it's MUCH better to discuss this rather than talk (at least in this Forum) about politics or economy, so I'll try to add fuel to the debate.

My experience with the PA2X Pro has been that, once you try sampled loops, there is no going back. A real drummer, sampled while playing a groove for -say- eight bars has nothing to do with a midifile playing eight bars with a sampled drum kit, even a multi-layered one. That is because the drummer will hit each time the hi-hat or the snare or the ride cymbal not only with a different velocity, but in a different place (side, center, bell, etc), with a different accent and so adding nuances that would be impossibile to reproduce with a midi sequence and a sampled drum set.
On the other hand my experience has been that if you have just a simple percussive loop sampled live, it will inspire you to play in a way unmatched by any midi sequence.

In the past months I have been working on the issue of creating my own drum loops for the Korg PA2X and -hardware like- all it takes is:

1- a sampling CD (like those from Drums on Demand with a lot of sampled loops already trimmed and matched for volume or Eq).
2- (optional) a program like Sound Forge, to slice the loops and save them in Acid format (but the same task can be done by the Korg and -I guess- also by the Audya).

But the reality is that you are limited only by your imagination! Since examples are worth more than words: I am currently working on a new song, that I hope to post in the next few days: it will be kind of a surprise song, and I will also ask you to guess where the "trick" lies.
Stay tuned.