One thing that's been upped for sure is is the wave ROM-256 MB. That puts it on par with at least two Pro keyboards (Korg M3 and Rolands Fantom G) sound wise.The GW 7 only had 32 MB! You can hear the results in that piano patch demo-not bad!

It sails past the G 70 spec (192) but the Yamaha Motif XS still has the lock with 355 MB. But that is neither here or there.Here is what COULD happen though.

A lot of people who aren't exactly thrilled with the Fantom G may look to the GW 8 as a nicely priced "Fantom G Junior" at least in terms of the soundset.The GW 8 has roughly half of the G's presets and I'm sure that they're all very usable to the pros. As limited as it might appear to be function-wise,hey,just squirt the GW into your computer and you can do whatever you want!

The GW 8 is VERY nicely priced for something that sounds this good-why pay 2k plus for a Fantom G? I wouldn't,especially since the Fantom G appears to be crashing more times than George of the Jungle! I mean 256 MB IS 256 MB right? Why pay more?
I wouldn't!