Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Bluezplayer, just as a matter of interest ,have you tried playing ANY of the Korg rock styles? Especially the "heavier" genres. They are bloody awful imo, and sound NOTHING like any rock band I have heard or played in.

The same goes for a lot of their 50's/60's and pop styles as well.

I have to admit that to me, the Rolands seem to be much more "Lifelike" in pretty much all of their rock/pop genres, than any of the other.
And no, I do not own a Roland!!

Dennis

Ummm for about 8+ years now ... That's how long I've had the PA80. Mind you, I almost never use every part of every style, no matter which board I'm using. I'm mainly concerned with the drums and bass sounds, and sometimes I leave another part or two on. For the most part I'm not that concerned about guitar or organ emulations in a style. Few keyboard guitar parts ever sound very realistic to me, whether they use utilize megavoices or the Motif arps for that matter, though the latter can sometime sound a tad closer than most ( yes I have one of those as well )

Still, I think I can mimic a pretty good rock tune with the PA80 styles I have.. at least a lot better than with any of the comparable T2 styles.

Again, you have to understand, I've had the board for ages and have customized almost all of the internal styles in the PA80, making better fill matches, adding dynamics to the drum and bass parts. I can do that on the PA80 and make it sound pretty good. On the T2.. not so much...

I haven't heard enough of the Roland styles to give a fair judgement, though I was not overly impressed in the when I demoed the G70 or E80. Perhaps a more fair test though would be on the same sound system I use with my boards, and then after I've had some tume to fiddle with the style data.

AJ