OK; for all you enquiring minds here is the answer: it is indeed the Korg PA2X Pro, but with multipads added as the song progresses (kudos to Zuki but also to Ian, Steve, Diki, mc and Adimatis, for spotting the points where one of the multipads -a conga pattern- kicked in).

These songs are important to me because for the first time I was able to reap the fruits of my work on the PA2. I have indeed spent the past months filling up its RAM with my favorite sounds and loops and the selection took even more time than the sampling phase itself.
Speaking of the loops, I can testify that they really make a difference; of course one must be careful not to overdo the effect and balance the volumes well, but they do work. In Desafinado (for which I used a converted G-70 style: kudos to Mikey_Maestro) the style begins in the usual "stiff" way, but then at 42" there is a shaker loop starting to play and the song takes a bit of life and finally takes off at 2'15", when I added another shaker and also a conga loop.
One VERY important consequence is that playing with a non canned backing like this makes you play with more inspiration, so this is really a case where the keyboard helps the player.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 10-20-2008).]