Genesys...,

The styles really aren't the draw-back for potential (fence-crossers), but the "type of styles" found on the arrangers are. I think these new TOTL arrangers sound great, but still NOT ONE that I've heard to date caters to modern styles of music. When I say modern styles I mean ALL the various styles of music and where they are TODAY..., not what they were in 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 80's and even the 90's.

Again.., country isn't what it used to be but at times it seems as if the arranger makers haven't figured this out yet. Rock and blues is even changing, yet the arranger makers haven't gotten that memo yet either. You then touch upon the electronica and well..., that's always a good laugh

The arranger makers have always catered to the older crowd. They IMO have no intention of drawing younger players. Also younger players who are familair with the WS's and what all they can do will see that price difference and RUN THE OTHER WAY.

Another thing to point out guys is that WS's on this forum are so often attributed to just electronica..., and often on this forum they're associated with just rap, hip hip, dance, techno, and so on. That's NOT TRUE at all. These modern WS's can pull off EVERY styles of music you find on an arranger and do it well. They have the sounds for these styles.

The big difference is the WS user is more inclined to make it themselves... If these arrangers started including more modern versions of today's styles of music and if the makers stop charging the price of a used car for one..., I think you'd see more buyers in the area.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.