I think the critical word is BORED...

Donny's BORED of the Yamaha, wants a PA800 back, so he can get BORED with it again Then get a T3, get BORED with that, get a G70, get BORED with that, go back to an SD-1, get BORED with that, and so on and so forth...

I'm sorry, but for all your talk about it being the 'player not the gear', you seem to want to find your primary inspiration in what you play ON, rather than what you play on IT. In the meantime, after three years plus of playing the G70, I find absolutely no need to even LOOK at another arranger.

But possibly because what I PLAY is of FAR more importance than what IT does. Minimize what the arranger does (bass and drums, primarily) can open you up to a myriad of imported styles, whereas relying on them for ALL the parts makes translation much trickier. To avoid repetition in what you have to listen to (probably the source of the boredom) play it all yourself...

If I'm bored, sadly, I only have myself to blame!

The new Korg OS is neat, but in fairness, it is still catchup time to the T2/3 when it comes to SA2 type sounds. Maybe after they add in a bunch more of these sounds, styles that exploit them fully it'll be worth revisiting, but personally, I think you are just searching for variety... Or possibly looking for something easier to trade for a T3 than a T1

Given the PA800's limited style selection, can't you see you are going to get bored even quicker than you were last time? With the T3 out and available, and you so used to the T1, surely that should be your antidote to the boredom blues? You are only going to lose money on the PA800 when you get bored of it and change to the T3

Better the devil you DON'T know than the devil you do...