As I said, the keyboard that is right for you, is a personal thing. Yes the KN7000 has a hinged cover and a keyboard that many didn’t like because you could bang into the end of the keyboard if you were used to more keys because it was “sunken” somewhat. But, no keyboard at that time had the sequencer editing stuff that the KN7000 has. It is easy to make multiple recordings, editing tracks, copying tracks, merging tracks, punching in where you want etc., etc. You can add, delete, move, change duration or timing, or velocity, of notes within the sequence. Possibilities for editing are almost endless. Then after you have the recording the way you want it, you can connect to a PC via USB and transfer the recording to the PC in digital form (.wav format) directly. There is no need for old-fashioned analog recording. The KN7000 also contains removable flash memory (SD Card) for song setups and/or sequences. Voicing is a subjective thing and what one person thinks is great may sound awful to someone else. I have always been pleased with Technics voicing and especially the ability to edit any sound of the keyboard in most any way that I like, creating my own new sounds. To my knowledge, no keyboard has a display that compares to the large display of the KN7000. All of this stuff was available before the Tyros 2 was released.