Follwed Gary's instruction to a T and still not getting acceptable results in normal mode...

NOTE: In manual mode or vocoder mode, everything tracks great, but you've got that vocoder sound, which isn't what I'm usually looking for...

Here's two examples. If someone else could try these and report back, I'd appreciate it...

#1) Tennessee Waltz...using preset #1...going into the chorus...Playing a C to an E7...sing the lead vocal as normal w/harmonies and tell me if what you hear on the word "night" isn't goofy as shit...

#2) Kansas City...preset 1...There's a kind of call-response thing throughout the verse...(In C) Lead-"Well, I'm going to Kansas City, kansas city hear I come..." then the response, "Kansas city, oh...kansas city" in harmony.

Musically, I'm playing a C in the bass and a c chord (c-e-g) to a f chord (c-f-a) to a c7 without the E (c-f-Bb) then down again...

This is a basic, and I mean basic blues keyboard riff. For the harmony to work, I have to switch to a Bb chord which changes the whole feel of it...

I like everything about this, but if it doesn't follow me...How many songs am I going to have to "dumb down" so it'll sound ok?

I am nothing special when it comes to playing keyboard, trust me. I know chords very wells, and I've been told I have a nice feel...but technically, I can't touch most of you guys...its like I have mittens on, maybe...

I'm off Sunday and Monday...maybe I'll set up everything and post an mp3 of this weirdness for everyone else to hear...

so close, yet so far...

Thanks as usual, gang!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 09-27-2008).]