i have said it many times, and i still believe the problem we are talking about does not exist: if only the arranger manufacturers would understand the future is the open architecture, and the mix between what we have now and it's called arrangers and synthetizer workstations.

when the player will be able to only load the styles, sounds and functions he/she needs for his/her performance, also to create styles and sounds in a friendly(er) environment using arpeggios and step sequencer maybe, there won't be any death to "arrangers". but if they will continue the closed systems, with only few modern styles, with no serious synth-like sound editing, good-bye new young users!

in a sense, i understand the facts: this way there is a seperate market for everyone and everything. but that can not hold for ever. these markets has to be merged at one point.

btw, i am curious (i said this before too) how come there isn't a "bomb" software arranger, with easy and friendly interface, with functions and sounds/styles better than harware arranger. just like there are hundreds of soft-synths, competing with hardware ones. i guess the answer is the small market for such things...

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 09-09-2008).]