I seem to remember the same rot trotted out by the last few home organ players, too.

Face it, guys... we are a TINY fraction of the market, and due to the arranger manufacturers' refusal to step boldly into the 21st century, we are getting smaller every day.

In the meantime, WS's like the MotifXS start to claim what few youngsters ARE looking for something that follows chords, and nothing but the über-expensive software arrangers is capable of sounding remotely contemporary.

OTOH, of course, with copying styles so easy to do, and expensive to produce styles traded around like bubblegum cards, what incentive is there for more modern producers to even TRY to make styles?

Convergence is happening right before our eyes, and trust me... take a look at the loop and arpeggio list from a MotifXS... the is bugger all in there capable of doing anyone's diamond anniversary! Unless we embrace the more contemporary styles ourselves, and demand their inclusion in OUR arrangers, no kid is EVER going to buy one.

And that spells the end for arrangers, as surely as synths spelled the end for the organ...

I am glad that contemporary arrangers ARE so good, at least for OUR music. Because I don't see them lasting anywhere NEAR 'forever', and does anyone remember how quickly the choice and innovation dried up as organs passed away into history? All that is left are boutique organs at boutique prices, and little innovation except in the most expensive of organs.

That's where we are heading unless the arranger industry WAKES UP and makes arrangers for the younger player (of which I consider myself one! )