Diki,

You see what you want to see. I didn't mention the 9000PRO. We've made numerous other 76 note instruments over the years. We currently have 2 models. Granted, neither are high end arranger workstations, but there is plenty of relevent data.

Back in May of last year you said: "Yamaha would be amazed at the number of Motif7's in the hands of 'home' users, not to mention the huge sales of 88 key, heavy 'home' digital pianos. Somehow, the thought of 76 or more keys, with the weight penalty that implies, doesn't seem to bother THOSE divisions...

Plus, obviously, their 'market research' doesn't involve visiting SZ where they can find countless posts by players wanting a 76 note Tyros. This stinks of laziness, rather than responsiveness to customers' actual NEEDS...."

Diki, you are wrong on both counts. We know far better than you how many Motif7 we've sold, how many "heavy" instruments we've. Obviously somebody is paying attention to the numbers. Plus, SZ is one of many forums we are watching every day."

As you can tell I pay very close attention to what goes on here. Quiet and lazy are not the same thing. Yamaha takes all this very seriously. Yamaha is being careful. If you truly would be the first in line to buy a 76 note Tyros, I hope you get your chance.

Regards,

Steve Deming