OK, mc, here's an easy question for you...

Do you think that Yamaha arrangers are the best made at the moment? That's an easy one, isn't it..? Of course you do.

So, if they made a 76 T3/S900, what possible reason do you think it could have for failing? Why would it not dominate sales like apparently they dominate sales of 61's?

Three or four other arranger companies make 76's, without apparently going bankrupt. Roland, Korg, Ketron and Lionstracs (OK, Wersi and Boehm, too. Casio as well?) In fact, Yamaha make a 76 arranger... In fact, two. Jeez, how many times do I have to point this out...

YAMAHA MAKE TWO 76 NOTE ARRANGERS.

Everybody got that now?

So why won't they make just one of two MORE...

You know.... GOOD ONES

Apparently, despite YamahaUS's protests, there IS a market. And not every Yamaha 76 is a failure. OK, cross off those two objections. What's left? Nothing, as far as I can see.

I simply find it amazing the number of people that rush to Yamaha's defense, when they have absolutely no stake whatsoever in the outcome of this debate. They don't WANT a 76, they don't need a 76, they wouldn't buy a 76 if there were one (although I have my doubts on that one), but they remain adamant that Yamaha do NOT satisfy a well documented need for other musicians, even if it had NO impact on their own needs and wants. Talk about a dog in a manger!

But when it comes to something THEY need (like for instance a better harmonizer), well, what is Yamaha waiting for? To all those dogs in the manger, I have but this to say...

Yamaha have absolutely no more need to improve their harmonizer that they do to make a 76 S900. After all, they apparently can do no wrong when it comes to things you DON'T want. Why should it be any different for things you DO?

I personally encourage Yamaha to hold the line DO NOT improve the harmonizer. Those that DO want it are merely whiners with no appreciation for the fact that whatever Yamaha does is, of course, perfectly understandable. You wouldn't BE the market leader if you ever got even the tiniest thing wrong, would you?

Can I pull my tongue out of my cheek now?