Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think it would be interesting to hear what kind of musics those that play Ketrons primarily play to your audiences...

I just don't feel a blanket recommendation without this fact is of all that much use... Some arrangers seem better for smooth jazz, some for rock and hiphop, some for bigband, etc.. To be honest, if someone is primarily playing country or R&B, an arranger that excels at bigband is probably not that great a buy, and vice versa.

I think Don Mason plays a wide variety.
I use my keyboard for Church and primarliy use styles for real time application. I play a grand piano when not using styles.
When I play with my Duo, I primarily use midi files. Styles do not cover Steely Dan,Van Morrison,Santana,County hits,Buffett,Buffet,Huey Lewis and all the other tunes my guitar player & I like to entertain our target growd - 30-40-50 year old ...

I have all my midi files copied to a master folder on the hard drive and able to call any song up in a juke box mode... I like the ability to instantly take out all parts accept drums & bass with the push of a button. I like being able to remove parts from a sequence, reduce volume levels, change keys , change instruments used on a sequence and have it all saved on my hard drive without losing the original version.

I like the ability to remix a midi file by using the drums from style vs the drums that are on the sequence instantly.. Gives me a chance to make a sequence unique.. The drums on Ketron products have always been a favorite of many Ketron users. The comment you hear the most are "wow those drums sound live" ...

So I don't think it's about who your target customer is , it is the general opinion by Ketron owners , that Ketron sounds better and gives the one man band or duo / trio end users features that are needed for live entertaining.....

If I sit in with a band or just jam with some friends, than the sounds, from my Sd1 such as piano/organ/strings/brass etc.. are more favorable than other manufacturers.
I personally do not like the roland piano sample or Yamaha... It's just a matter of personal taste, period.