Doesn't bode very well for the industry here does it...?

High ticket items like this are special order only, no refund, so the only way to try one is to buy one, and no return. That's a brave man willing to ponk down $5500 for something completely unplayed. Sure, maybe the demos will rock, but at least there's one buyer that will buy one evn if the demos DO suck. Perhaps the industry thinks we are ALL this gullible?

Thank you, Ensnareyou for your razor-like wit, but once again, you miss the point entirely. I have NEVER bought anything on the demos alone (read that again if you are confused) . I merely point out I wouldn't even drive across town, yet alone cross country, to hear something the demos fail to impress me (or actually repulse me). Once they impress me, THEN I go and play it extensively before I decide to purchase... (but nice try! Once again, I suggest re-reading a thread before you come up with absurdities like that )

You must be a busy man, driving everywhere just to play keyboards that you hate the demos of... How many of them have you bought, again?