Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I've never met a guy with a Korg who didn't have a broken button or key. Even in the local GC the Korg has a broken key.

You have now

I also owned a PA1x for ages, not even the hint of a problem. And this is probably probably the case for most owners.

I don't mind your honest review, even though some of the comments were spurious, as I accept it is your opinion only.

However making a sweeping generalisation that you have never met a Korg owner without a broken button is a bit too much for me to accept without comment.

I have owned a PA1x before the PA2x and gigged very heavily with it, and not even the hint of a problem. And I daresay this is true of most users on the korg forums as well.

It DOES semm to be an issue with some players though, who maybe think they can bash the crap out of a button and expect it to last forever??

Looking at some of the YouTube videos going around these players certainly do put new meaning into the term "punch in-punch out"!

Just as an added comment I have also owned the tyros and the psr3000, SD1+ and Roland V76. As for build quality, nothing, and I mean NOTHING touches the Rolands and Korgs, they are both built like tanks.

Dennis

OOPS, The "built like tanks" comment is regarding the PA2xPRo, not the PA800 which is very similar to the Tyros in build. Thought I'd better clarify that.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 08-05-2008).]