OK that's a typo ... it should say cruise !!!

Just thought I would let you know what was on the Norwegian Cruise Ship Dawn last week ...

During the day there was a Caribbean/Reggae band at the pool side ... keys, bass (he played a 7 string) drums and female vocalist ...
Every once in a while they would sneak in an instrumental 'jazz' rendition of a pop tune - like Stevie's "Superstitious" ...

One lounge had a piano player that played EVERYTHING pop - EAGLES, Elton, Joel, Fogelberg, etc. etc. etc. ...
He did a show one night in the 'theater' - a tribute to Elton John - did a GREAT job ...

Main lounge had a nice 7 piece pop band - all Latinos playing American pop - did a really good job ...

KBs - NO ARRANGERS ... Rolands, Korg, Yamaha Motif ... Have to say I wasn't THRILLED by some of the horn sounds from the kbs ...

Another lounge featured a young female vocalist and a young guitar player, using backing tracks ... sounded good ... Biggest problem (to me) was they turned it over to karaoke after about 2 hours each night

One ironically funny bit ... there was a piano player playing more 'cocktail' type songs as we boarded the ship ... as we were taking off he was playing the theme from "Titanic"

All in all the players were good ... GREAT comedian !!!

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-22-2008).]