Wow it sure is long..54 inches..only 9 inches deep and 3 inches high..

Weighs in at 17 pounds..

This is info that can not be found on line or in the manual..

The keyboard fits in my GigSkinz bag (G70 size)..

When I listened to on line MP3's of the stock sounds..I thought they were just okay..and would do the job I intended...A controller with go to sounds as an extra..

My primary consideration to get this board was the convenience ..built in USB Audio and midi interfaces..

Also the assortment of mixing control..everything can be controlled independently...The Mic input..The guitar/instrument input...and the voices (on board sounds..all of these are controlled with a master volume too..including a pair of audio ins..

This all worked perfectly..and should be ideal with the trio..

As a controller (midi) the EMU is better with on board controller's ..buttons and knobs..but the Sono 88 shines with the over all features..

The key feel is nice..about the same resistance as the EMU...both are semi weighted...at first I thought the Sono would have the same keybed as the Axiom 61 I used ..but the Sono is much better..easier to play than the Axiom61..

For a just released keyboard , I was surprised that I could not load the drivers...I have SP3 XP and I had to download the new drivers...It also installed the new firmware..I am glad that M-Audio included updates to firmware..

Back to the sounds..The Steinway grand sample is not too bad...as are the strings, organ and Rhodes..Choir is ok and clav I can never play..

The GM sound bank is decent..I thought it would be the soft synth Key Rig (I also own)..but it seems to be better on the Sono..

I will give it try tomorrow night on the boardwalk gig...

So far I believe it is a keeper..

More too come....or maybe an offer to sell..