Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Diki, I can't believe you haven't been doing Love the One and Get Back. Those are two dynamite beach tunes. Get Back can go on forever if you got some great guys to solo.

Well, I've played them with live bands for years, but only just got round to adding them for the duo. I guess for every one song that I 'should' have already added, I've got several already done that no-one else does!

I play enough lollipops that adding chestnuts like these is not exactly high priority

Anyway, the duo is starting to go on the back burner a bit... Got a steady Fri and Sat night with a five piece starting up this weekend... A lot of Crusaders, R&B and funky New Orleans stuff to learn (or re-learn!). Sure is nice not to have to figure out which style is the least annoying on them! The drummer actually has a Grammy (whoop-te do! ), so I'm looking forward to the drums beating the pants off my G70, and that ain't exactly an easy thing to do!

I must confess, it's going to be nice to just play, and not 'operate an arranger' for a while!