Update on the MP3 backing (kinda on topic).

I was able to get a demo of a pro SMF of the song I want (but not the dance remix - just the straight radio edit) so I have compared the two, and though there are some reeeally nice onboard sounds I can use for the SMF, I think the MP3 wins hands down.

The decision was made all the easier when the wife and I rehearsed the song and she came up with a spontaneous "wah-pedal Reggae" part that fitted in a weird and wonderful way. I think it works because instrumentally the dance mix is different in texture and sounds to the Radio Edit, but not in the Groove.

The more straight ahead heavy guitar part also works though, so we'll probably end up using both.

I think we'll play it weird for the Audience we have this weekend (the hipper than thou alternate crowd) and the more straight ahead way for the mainstream clubs.

Incidentally, we've had a lot of fun lately playing another brand new Top 40 song (a #1 hit here, right across the Country) for our Rock n Roll shows.
We play regularly to a great group of dancers who are able to adapt to anything, and even though the Top 40 isn't normally their cup of tea, this song is a fantastic 8 step, and some of them have been making up their own choreography and wowing us on the dancefloor.
They request the song wherever we see them now.

An older lady came up to me after one show and told me proudly "I can tell my grandaughter I was dancing to a Top 40 hit tonight!"
She had a big smile on her face and so did I.

That's what it's all about.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au