Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As such, can ANYONE explain to me why on earth you try to put a DAW inside a live music keyboard

OASYS HDR records polyphony strapped Virus TI

Quote:
You want to put something into a live keyboard we can use? How about a sampler that loads up at TODAY'S computer speeds

That would be the OASYS, which loads as fast as a Pentium 4, 2.8 gighz. I can load 700megs of samples (Karo Strings) from internal HD, in 30 seconds. Try that on any other hardware workstation/sampler. I've experienced the sample loading extreme, from slow Yamaha A5000 to fast E-MU E4 loads. The OASYS smokes them.

The fast sample loading is also good for Songs, with audio tracks. Also, those audio tracks can be opened up and put in any sample slot.

The OASYS OS and ROM samples boot up slightly faster than my Toshiba dual core laptop (about 90 seconds). No different than load times from people taking computers on tour.

It is "computer fast". Like a computer, I would recommend battery backup (that you can get at Best Buy, Fry's, etc.) in case of an outage. I don't play live, but if I did, I would get one.