Gary, I'm sure it works for you and all those others very well. It's just curious, if as you say, the L1 is so perfect OOTB, why people DO add in multiple (and VERY expensive) B1 subs. Are they ALL idiots, or could there possible be a reason for it?

Thing is, for me, as a fifty-something, there are many places I won't listen to music because it is too loud FOR ME, but apparently not too loud for the customers and the management . And I often play these joints, at volume levels that I wouldn't go to myself out of choice, But they are PACKED, and really DO want the volume levels where they are. We often get told to turn up from where I think is a comfortable level, so having a PA that stays full, round and punchy at these high levels is a must.

So I have to have a PA that kicks major booty when needed. If I were in mid-level or lower joints all the time, maybe it could work for me (but I still have issues with the stereo), but if you've got a roomful of screaming kids, and they want close to concert levels, well, just from seeing others' L1 rigs, and all the subs they get, it strikes me that this is what you REALLY need to get up to that level. And it ain't cheap....

Just remember... it ain't ME buying those extra subs, and multiple sticks! These are actual L1 owners, at least tacitly acknowledging what it takes to get a good sound from the Bose systems (if by good you mean LOUD, full, and punchy!)

What do they know, that we don't?