You can't say that Roland hasn't listened to their customers on this one though I would say two of the biggest downsides to the current GW-7 is the lack of catergory search and lack of numeric entry. Scrolling through all those styles can be a pain in the (beep), but Roland IMO has really taken the GW to the next level with this new model.

Being able to now access styles by category and use numeric entry is a big step up which will make style selection much easier. Roland has tickled my funny bone with this model. I just need to see the online manual now. (come on Roland.., post that darn manual)

Donny also understand there's going to be "arranger bashing" going on here from Synth players. The GW has always been listed under the "synth section" on Roland's website.., they dont' include it on the arranger page, and many online retailers also list it as a synth. Synth snobs (who completely hate arrangers) are going to talk a lot of smack on this model.

Also kudos to that video link you posted. That's the original video posted on Sonic State, but it's now gone and replaced with a really terrible one.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-24-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.