Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe the glowing review will be worth something after you have kept something for maybe a year or more, Donny

I wonder how many went out and got CM30's after all the hype they got..? They might consider next time taking these glowing reviews with a grain of salt. If a piece of gear can't keep your interest for more than a few months, just exactly HOW good could it have been in the first place?

=

I for one purchased a pair of the CM30s as I recall after Cass bought them ( not completely sure) but it was Donny's review that got me interested in them. Short story is the pair I bought ( one used, one new) are doing the job for my NH gigs. The Barbetta 31c is overkill for the NH gigs. I'm happy with the CM30s, lightweight quick set up and for the average gathering at a NH of 40 to 50 people they are ideal and to these tin ears they sound real decent, not the best but decent.

I'll be honest with you I never would have purchased a Korg PA800 either if it weren't for Donny's glowing review. I liked the PA800 so much that I upgraded to the Pa2xPro and for the immediate future I'm staying with it until Tyros 5 is released with 76 keys

Not sure what my point is but, as part time musician I gotta have a frame of reference and the guys who are in the trenches everyday playing are the ones I look to, Donny hasn't steered me wrong yet.