Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Scott, I’ve been using EV’s for many years now. I’m finding although they have good crystal-clear coverage, they don’t give me any depth of sound. I only use them for smaller rooms.

Lately I’ve been listening to the Mackie 450’s. Although they sound a bit muddy next to EV’s I admire the driving power they (the Mackie’s) put out for dancing.

Lucky, I concur with your keen comparison analogy here. I too owned the Mackie 450's but had to return them more because of their awkward size & balance & slick surface, making them difficult to easily transport. In fact my first gig with them required me draggging them up 2 flights of stairs leaving me a aching backs for two weeks.

My venues are primarily acoustic in nature and usually more geared to listening than dance oriented so perhaps that's the reason I prefer the EV's for their clarity of sound vs hyped omph needed for dance club venues.

Great to hear your discovery that the DYNACORD POWERMATE 1000 MIXER/AMPLIFIER has brought added omph and life to your EV's giving you the best of both worlds now. Congratulations.

Scott