John,
No, it was the original. I haven't heard the MJ Plus, but they are having a few little problems with it. I think they are related to midi/polyphony, but not certain exactly what.
Ketron engineers are working to address them now, I'm told.
DNJ, you'll be happy to know that Eddie took many photos, Joe has 7 hours of video, and many others took photos. Pete recorded the entire thing on his Midjay. He has a large HD installed. He placed mics on left and right side and recorded it all. I will be anxious to hear that!
I was too busy to think about taking photos or recording, but I think both areas were covered.
Today, we met for a couple of hours. Deane and Ted were interested in listening to the SD5, and seeing how some of the controls worked. We finally got Ted to play a little on the Roland E50. He does worship music, and has only been playing a short time, but what he did sounded really good.
HankB was "under the weather" today. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Vodka.
Deane (Hammer) got his first arranger two years ago, which I would never have believed, because he makes both the PA1X and the PSR3000 sound great. He does a lot of Big Band, Swing, Jazz songs. JayR had to leave a little early last night because he had a cold and his eyes were bothering him. He puts his own mark on the songs he does. They are popular sings, but he does them in his own style, and I like that a lot!
I got some great ideas on how to do some songs differently, and also some I hadn't heard or hadn't thought about doing.
All in all I'm certain that everyone participating learned a little and I feel lilke everyone had a good time.
Eddie and Carol are staying over until Tuesday, so Susan and I will be getting together with them tomorrow. They had to make a trip to Sears because they weren't anticipating the cool snap we're having. The high today is only in the high 60's!
DonM