Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:

Even though this might be far superior to the PSR-S900's harmonizer, one big disadvantage is that you cannot save settings to the S900's registrations. Each time you want to use a different harmony setting, you have to remember to do it before you start the song - or you might be in trouble.

Beakybird all you would have to do is create a "mini" midi file to link to the style you are playing via a registration with the CC # to change the preset on the Helicon unit.

I had a Tyros for a brief while and I seem to remember this was possible, (but someone correct me if you can't).In fact this method works with all midi capable harmonisers, as long as your keyboard can load and store smf's.

On the subject of the Yamaha harmoniser, I have used the expansion board PLG100VH, and the harmoniser built into the PSR3000 and the Tyros (they are in fact all the same) and with it tweaked properly, to suit your own voice, you can get very acceptable results.

They are not as bad as some believe, imo. They just need a little more tweaking to get a good result. As long as you don't expect the MTC they are fine.

After all, people can see you don't exactly have a backing trio behind you .

So it's more to add just that little bit of variety once in while.
Well thats my opinion anyway