Bill.... yes, some of that seems to make sense.

The thing is, although it's nice to have these as an option, I envision simply choosing the sound as an automatic map to the appropriate NTT, and also the ability to automatically figure out if a part is a single line (where you want the line preserved) or a chord part (where you want voice leading to make the chord changes more smooth. And preferably, both in the same part!

Some kind of background scan for this ought to be possible. As we all know, having endless possibilities is great for the tweak-heads amongst us, but even better is the machine taking care of all this in the background.

It's kind of like the T2/MotifXS SA controversy... The MotifXS players, despite having access to the SA nuts and bolts of control, actually PREFER the T2 versions of the sounds, where the SA is uneditable, but done right in the first place!

After all, what most of us want to do is simply concentrate on the chord input, and playing a great lead and comp. We don't want to have to worry about HOW the guitar part becomes something that amazes us... we don't want to have to think about how to get the auto Rhodes part to voice-lead smoothly. We just want the machine to do it!

I think the technology is there, now. It only requires the manufacturers to halt working on turning the arranger into a DAW (if we need one of those, most of us already got one!), and get back to concentrating on making a better ARRANGER.

Excuse me for wanting that!