Thanks Dreamer,

BTW, I listened to your song samples on Createsongstyles and they are terrific! Very nice.

I have not loaded those RealDrums as yet off the CD, but I did notice they were there and quite intrigued by what they offer. I'm still trying to figure out why my microphone goes silent without the Harmony button pressed???? I actually have to power down and back up to restore the Microphone. I'm sure some performance setting is either muting the MIC or lowering the volume to zero (0).

The other issue I'm having going from the Yamaha to the Korg is in selecting voice parts. On the T2, it's easy as pressing the voice part button, then just selecting a sound to go with it. with the Korg you have to make sure your on the home page on the screen, press the voice part, then Un-Mute it, then press sound source, then select the sound patch you want. Maybe i'm not doing it correctly, but that seems more difficult than on the Tyros 2.

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Al,
congratulations on your new purchase: I am sure that you will love it!

My experience so far has been that, unlike the Tyros (but like the G-70), the PA2X Pro leaves the end user a lot of freedom to tweak it to his/her liking. Translated in plain words, it's like the folks at Yamaha have thought: "This keyboard is intended for this kind of users, who like these features and don't care for the rest. So let's give 'em what they want." And it's true that they have done all the homework before and the result is that you have a keyboard that out of the box sounds good or very good to 90% of buyers; the negative side, on the other hand, is that once you start dwelving in it, you discover how little choices you have to tweak it in depth and make it "yours".

From this point of view the PA2X Pro is a tweaker's heaven; it's true that the folks at Korg apparently haven't done a good preliminary job like the folks at Yamaha, but it's true that in the past they have always updated their OS's on a regular basis (see the PA1X Pro), taking in account most users' requests. The end result is a product that is less subject to obsolescence (because you can import new styles and sample or import new sounds, including those from its concurrents, Tyros 2 or G-70 ) and is much more customizable.

Final consideration: one thing that bothers me when I record something with my Tyros 2 is the risk to sound like countless of other Tyros owners, because the overall sound of the keyboard is the same, so you have to play your a§§ off to sound different, and also come up with special ideas about the arrangement, etc.
This risk of "sounding the same" is not so pronounced with Roland or Korg, because you can customize and personalize even the way the keyboard sounds before you actually start playing notes.

Hope that this makes sense.

P.S.: Al, have you tried to load the set called "Real Drums?"

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps