There was recently a thread about a questionnaire Yamaha was circulating as to feature updates on the Tyros 2.

I think that a lot of people answering these surveys get caught up in the details and forget about the bigger picture.

For example: I think that the single most important update needed on the T2, is better bass and drum samples. Most people don't tend to directly use these instruments very often, so requests for them are often forgotten. But every single Yamaha style consists of these two instruments, and yet they are from the poorest samples available in the professional market. Even though Yamaha hands-down beats its competition in nearly all other sounds, for some reason, they ignore their bass and drums. For a one man band, especially for one working on a dance floor, drums and bass are more important than a good brass and sax.

I am therefore in a great dilemma. I don't want to give up my Yamaha solo instruments, but on the other hand, I need a better overall sound and am seriously looking to Korg. I could use both, but honestly what's the point in the schlepping two keyboards everywhere?

Second thing: Many of us use our keyboards as power tools. I heavily rely on the Style creation functions to make my styles. (I play mostly ethnic music and pretty much everything I use is custom made). However the options for doing these kinds of things are really backward. Oftentimes, I have to go through up to twenty steps to do what other keyboards can do in one. Thank G-d for people like Jorgen Sorensen, who make quality programs to do these things properly.

Just my rantings,
Chony