This technology doesn't have to mean the end of "musicians" or even "music players." I think what some people are failing to see is that in addition to being good musicians, we will have to be even more technology savy than we are today. None of the stuff in a VIMA negates musical ability. To the contrary, I think a real musician can really shine here. All this is, is putting A/V technology in your hands. Use what you want how you want. You can basically run a TV or movie studio along with your playing IF YOU WANT.

Again, I'm not saying I would want to do this or that this should become the state of our art, but it is something that is on the cutting edge. We 50+ codgers may not have an interest, but arrangers are gaining ground in the marketplace. What will those 30-40 yr. olds be playing when they hit 55? That's what my post was all about. The VIMA is a viable concept - for somebody. If it stays recreational, all well and good. If it goes commercial, don't say I didn't tell you so. As a few have commented. The separate technology is already here and being used. This is just an integration of technologies.

How about this. There's a musician who gave up the circuit to become a DJ . He tired of that and turned his attentions to professional photograhy. He's a whiz on the internet. You mean to tell me a guy like that wouldn't be trying out this concept.