Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Is it just me...? Or does ANYONE 'get' this?

Video, karaoke, whatever happened to just playing? When did sitting down at a piano (or an arranger) and entertaining yourself or a few friends become not enough? When did it become a huge multimedia production. Complete with pre-canned backing AND visuals

So it will display pictures from your camera... What's next? A built-in printer? How about a fax machine? Wait, I need some espresso! Got an attachment for that?! ROFLMAO...

This looks like a product looking for a species that might use it. What happened at Roland? Did aliens take over? Most of their decisions lately lead me to believe this...

I honestly can't believe any of you aren't treating this with the contempt it deserves.

Diki, I think you're getting too much sun. Have you seen the state of the art DJs? They're not too far away from this kind of stuff now - video, live cams, big screen monitors, karaoke - the works.

You or we can be music purists and insist the music be played, but haven't we already started down that road with arrangers, SMFs, mp3's, lights, etc.? All it takes is for one musically inclined go-getter to start something like this and the DJs will be out of work; this guy will be taking all the business. This could be the entertaining musician's avenue back into the mainstream of weddings and parties that pay real money.

I'm not saying it's an idea for me, but the commercial applications are vast. Mark my words, somebody soon is going to be doing this... if he isn't already.