Just got in from the job. The speakers sounded really good. A lot different from the Bose of course, but good. I didn't get to really crank them much but I was pleasantly surprised by the sound. After everybody left, I put on an MP3 and turned it up pretty loud for a few seconds.
I really think the louder you play them the better they sound.
I have no problem at all with the highs and mids. The bottom is solid and tight, but if you are used to hearing a sub-bass, it's not quite the same. Nevertheless, I feel they are keepers.
They have both XLR and 1/4-inch inputs and a multi-purpose level control that works for whichever input you're using. I used the XLR inputs from Behringer 1202FX mixer.
The speakers each have high and low e.q. I ran them flat, and also ran the mixer flat.
I e.q.d everything from the PSR S900 internally.
The Barbetta, JBL, Mackie and Peavey powered speakers all have two power amps - one for the woofer and one for the high end. The Behringer has one power amp and uses a crossover. I suppose that's one reason they are in the area of $200 each. They sure look good though, and I'm pleased with the sound also.
The reason I got them is so I can leave a system at the club and whoever I book when I'm not there can also use it, so we don't have to move so much equipment. I'll still use the Bose for parties elsewhere.
I also purchased a new Peavey PC10 mixer.
It just came today, and I am very impressed with the build quality, features and appearance. I also like the effects - very customizable. You can adjust the parameters in real time, on the spot.
I think it's too good to leave at the club though!
DonM